Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Quilt blocks for Steph's friends



I'm not sure why, but I volunteered to make a quilt for some friends of Steph & Dave's that have always wanted a quilt, but never been able to get one.  Quilts aren't cheap, and when they wanted to purchase one, it was out of their price range.  No one in their family makes quilts, and they were very jealous of all the quilts that Stephanie has.  So...I had extra fabric from the quilt I just made (yet to be quilted) so I said I'd make them one.  I actually had thought I'd just make a rag quilt out of left over flannel...then decided to use up this fabric.  Of course, I had to add quite a bit of white with it.  This block is one of the "sampler" blocks I made on my last quilt.  I really liked this one and thought I could use it.  I have it complete put together and pinned for machine quilting.  I started quilting this morning and made a couple of rounds when my bobbin ran out of thread.  I put in a new one...and my machine just kept hitting something.  I took it all apart and tried again...and again...and again...and...you get the picture.  I finally just packed it up and took it over to Sandy's Bernina for help...well, this is embarrassing...I just didn't have the foot on correctly.  I guess when I pulled the quilt out, I pushed up the handle that holds the foot on.  So, then the needle was hitting it when it came down.  Thanks for the help Sandy...I owe you!

No comments: