Friday, November 29, 2013

Fabric Closet




Just before Jeff went elk hunting, I was finishing up a quilt to take to Soda for quilting.  I was to the point that I needed to make the back, and I knew I had fabric to match it in my closet.  But....I had stacked up quite a bit of fabric on the floor, and had to sort of "dig" through it to find the piece I was looking for.  Jeff came in...which I hate!  I hate for him to see all the stuff I've collected (mean hoarded).  Of course, he did say....what the heck!  So, when he went elk hunting, I spent all day Saturday and Sunday trying to clean that closet out and organize it a little better.  I cut up four boxes of scraps of flannel into strips, 4",5", 6", 9" and 11" squares.  I figured someday (when I retire) I'll have time to sew those into quilt tops or something.  I did give away all my levi squares...lol...then I rolled all the fabric I had purchased for quilt backs in order to keep it from getting permanent fold marks.  And guess what?  I think I have plenty of backs (36) to keep me busy for awhile....so...the point is, I'm on a fabric freeze....no more quilt back purchases for me. 

No comments: