Monday, October 14, 2013

Retreat Project


Jeff helped me cut out the blocks for the project that I planned for the retreat....we have 23 ladies coming x four...a lot of blocks.  Then I sanded them, which was an even bigger project.  It doesn't seem like it should take that long, but I think I did about 104 blocks...


I wanted to make a sample and post it, so ladies could bring photos if they actually wanted to finish the project.  I felt like this was something you could make as a gift or keep.  I even thought it would make a great wedding gift.  I used the photos from Braquel and Keven's wedding for myself.  I loved how it turned out.


I took this photo with the blocks just sitting flat.  You could use them this way, or stack them as I have in the following photos.  I saw this project on Printrest somewhere.  When I went to the blog that had started it, they had used lots of different words....MOM, DAD, VACATION, etc...the possibilities are endless.  A little wood and you are on your way.


I will be bringing black paint for the base, and every lady will get a foam brush to use.  I will have some modge podge there if you want to use it.  I did modge podge mine...I don't really like the shiny look you get with it, but since I plan to sit this out on an end table, I thought I could dust and clean it better that way.  Entirely up to you.


I used the wrist corsage from Braquel's wedding over the "o" on my second block, because I had saved it and it was important to me.  You could use memorabilia also.



You will be using five photos for each block (if desired).  They end up being about 3-1/4 to 3-1/2 for each photos.  This is a great way to display a lot of photos from one event.  Think family reunion!



I hope you are all as excited as I am about the retreat.  Can't wait to see you all there!

No comments: