Sunday, March 24, 2013

Boulder City Ride






Jeff, his Dad, and a couple of his brothers all took a ride up to Boulder City.  I had already been with them, and didn't feel bad that they went without me.
Thursday evening we had a very nice dinner with employees and former employees at Jaker's in Twin for Jeff's retirement.  It was very, very nice.  Dave Schulz read letters to myself and to Jeff from Dean Bursch...the President of our company.  Out of 6000 employees (plus) he wrote such a nice note to us.  Jeff got a 35 year pin with a diamond in it, and I got a 30 year pin with an emerald in it.  He also read a few other letters to Jeff, and then passed the "microphone" (salt shaker) around the table for each person to tell something they remembered about Jeff.  Danelle about made me cry.  She said how grateful she was that Jeff had excepted all my family...lots of kids and grandkids...and made them feel so loved and welcome.  All in all, it was a great night.
Friday we had the retirement party at work for customers and friends.  We probably had 150 or so people come.  Lot's of reps from out of town as well as a lot of my family and then of course, lots of customers.  It was very humbling for Jeff and I know he will never forget it.  Braquel and Danelle did all the food for us and took care of keeping it prepared and ready.  I just can't thank them enough for all their efforts.  It was great!
Saturday morning we got up to snow and wind, but still headed out to Salt Lake City for Chris's robotic competition.  It was actually quite fun.  I had never seen one before, and it was very interesting and entertaining.  The kids acted like they were having a ton of fun.  They played music the whole time, and the kids got to dancing and swaying and just having so much fun.  Taylor went down front and did some air guitar and dancing that was worth the whole trip.  I sure hope Robin posts the video on facebook so I can see it up close and personal.  We had a nice steak dinner Saturday night and then got up and came home early. 
Now I'm making Easter cards and just relaxing.  Time sure is going by fast.  I need to get started on my project life....only three months behind.

No comments: