Wednesday, July 28, 2010

This past weekend

Robin came down Friday evening, and Danelle, Janell, Robin, and I all scrapped and worked on the retreat for the evening. About 1:00 a.m.....I'm really too old for this kind of stuff, we gave it up. On Saturday morning, Jeff wanted to leave by a little after 6:00, so I'm up at 5:00 getting his stuff ready. Then I couldn't go back to sleep, so I worked on more scrapping stuff. When Robin got up and we were ready, we went on a "road trip". Robin wanted to practice scenery photography, and she started teaching me more about using the "manual" mode on my camera. So some of my photos are way over exposed...but I'll learn...sooner or later. Thanks Robin for spending the weekend with me. It's was a terrific time.
Our first stop was Malad Gorge...that was after we stopped at WalMart for new tennis shoes! We knew we could be doing some hiking. Isn't this beautiful? I had stopped here years ago, but not since they made it a State Park. I was impressed with it. There was some crazy lady there that kept going out on the edges inside of staying where she was supposed to, and Robin and I both were afraid we'd end up trying to save her.

When I went the last time, you couldn't cross the gorge, so I had no idea there was a water falls. Now, you can hike up a trail and look back at this beautiful falls.


No comments: