Thursday, July 1, 2010

Good Morning July 1st


I can't believe it's a new month already. This year is going by so fast. I wanted to share one of my birthday gifts with you all. My sister is so fabulous when it comes to handiwork. She knits, tats, makes cards, sews quilts and quilts by hand...you name it, she can do it.
Last year at the family reunion, she had tatted a dozen snowflakes, and it was a bidding war between Jodi and myself for them. I won...I loved them on my tree, but I mentioned to her that a dozen didn't go very far. (When we did the tree for Caring and Sharing, she made 100!) Anyway, for my birthday, I opened my card and had three more snowflakes. I love them.
I've tried tatting, and just can not seem to get the hang of it. Can't get that little knot to slide down the thread. I know it takes hours....hours to do it.
So thank you Doris.

No comments: