Friday, June 12, 2009

Sick

Sorry I haven't posted for awhile. Last Friday night, I woke up with the chills around 12:30 p.m. and could NOT quite shaking for over an hour. It was so bad, that I was beginning to think I was having a seizure or something. Finally, with extra blankets and Jeff holding me, I calmed down. Then, I started to sweat. I thought I would die. So, with the sinking feeling that it could be a kidney infection again, I ran to town first thing and bought several containers of cranberry juice. I didn't feel good all day Saturday, and mostly just sat around...but on Sunday, I couldn't even get out of bed. If I did pull myself up, it was right back down. I slept most of the day. By Monday morning, Jeff was insisting that I get into the Dr. Dr. Graham wasn't sure, but leaned toward swine flu...swine flu??? I couldn't believe it. But then the nurse brought in the results from the urine test, and he gave me the verdict. Kidney infection...I thought I would not have this trouble again, and I was very disappointed. In the early 80's, I had so many kidney infections, that I ended up in Salt Lake at the University hospital for kidney surgery. I never want to go through that again. This is really the first bad one I've had since then. Dr. Graham did give me some pills though, that he said were as good as putting me in the hospital. Today is my last one, and I hope it has cleared everything up. I did not come to work until yesterday, and then only made it until around 2:00. Maybe today I'll make it all day. Anyway, I know one thing for sure. What would any of us do without family to support us? Jeff's parents came over on Monday and vacuumed and dusted, brought chicken noodle soup for me, Reta took me to the Dr...then my mother got home from Montana late Monday night, and showed up first thing Tuesday morning to see what she could do to help me...The girls all called to offer help. What in the world would I do without such an awesome family?

1 comment:

Robin said...

I am glad you are feeling better so sorry you were so sick!