Saturday, June 27, 2009

Finally

Finally, I am feeling like my old self. And "OLD" is the operative word here. Monday is my birthday, and I'm turning "OLD". My kids are throwing a birthday party for me on Sunday evening, which is going to be fun...at least I hope. I hate it when people do these things, because you always worry...will anyone even come? Does anyone care enough? Well, I've heard from a few people. Robin and the boys are coming. Tori says she is coming. Darin said they were coming. I'll actually believe it when it gets here, but it's cool if they do. Seems a little weird to have them make a long trip like that...just for me, but I'm excited to see them all. I really don't even mind having a birthday...I guess.
Yesterday I took the day off, and tried to get internet on Reta and Vern's computer. They have Windows 98 and someone has uninstalled Dial up network. She can't find her disk, and I thought I had one, but it was an upgrade...which wouldn't work. Since Microsoft doesn't support 98 anymore, we're pretty much out of luck. I don't think they can afford to purchase a new computer either. So...PMT thought they may have a disk somewhere, but that involves unhooking everything and taking the harddrive into them...maybe we'll get it one of these days. Then I had lunch with mom and Doris, and then we spent the afternoon stamping at my house. Doris came for the birthday dinner, and it's awesome to have her here. I went down to mom's last night and helped her weed her flower bed and trim some rose bushes. She gets so tired working out there anymore that I worry about her.
Today, Jeff & I are going to drive to Jarbidge and see how it looks after the big fires last year. The waterfalls should all be running well. They say that all but two reservior's are full this spring. They are letting tons of water out of Palasades. The boat regatta is this weekend, and the river is so high, I think they'll have some trouble.

1 comment:

crazydarla said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET GIRL! Sounds like you had a good party on Sun and hope you have an even better day TODAY!

XO Darla