Thursday, December 11, 2008

It's a mouse!

Okay, no picture for this story, but thought you all might get a kick out of it. I've only told a couple of people, and they die laughing....so.
Last Saturday, as I mentioned in my post, my mother, Jeff's mom, and I went to Sally's house and dipped our homemade chocolates, made English Toffe, maple candied walnuts, 2 types of fudge, 2 types of bark, chocolate covered popcorn,etc,etc,. I had a box with my dipping chocolate, the papers for the peanut clusters, etc....when I came home it was after 7:00, and I went to set the box full of the stuff we didn't use in my pantry, and saw a mouse! We've never had a mouse in our house since we built it seven years ago! So I'm freaking out...we didn't even have a mouse trap. So I ran down to my mom's and got one. We set it, and everytime I had to open the door I'd be afraid and just peek in until I saw we hadn't caught one. By Sunday morning, when we still didn't have one, I was really starting to get bugged. We ran to town and bought more traps, some of those bars...which we put in the shop, garage, and hay shed. We figured the mouse must have come into the garage and then into the house while we had the door open carrying stuff out. No mouse still Sunday. On Monday...no mouse at lunch time, so after work when we still didn't have one, I decided to tear into it and just get it cleaned and find the dang thing! Well, as I cleaned, I couldn't believe it...no mouse droppings, no nibbles on anything...guess what I did find though...a roll of the brown paper cups had fallen out of the box, rolled across the floor, and I just saw the movement and thought it was a MOUSE!
Jeff said..."We did all that for a piece of paper?"
Well, paper is better than a mouse!

1 comment:

Robin said...

ROTFLMAO!! like i said at least your pantry is clean!!!