Friday, January 19, 2018

Boise shopping and quilts







It is a tradition, that I and my girls...and now granddaughters...go shopping together before Christmas.  We used to go to Salt Lake when it first started, but now with babies, etc.  we started going to Boise.  It went from an overnight stay to a one day marathon.  We always told the granddaughters they could go when they turned 18 or graduated from high school.  Now we have several going with us.  It's such a great day!  I look forward to it all year.
I always try to give everyone that goes a "little" gift.  It ranges from inexpensive, to something a little nicer depending on the year and what I come up with.  This year, I wanted to use a bunch of the Christmas fabric I've had stored up, so I decided I would give out quilts.  You had to come...most the time I give the gift to them, even if they don't make it.  But, this year...no....they had to spend the day with us.  So, then came the problem of...who gets what quilt?  So I just wrapped them up, took them all to Boise with me, and then took them into Olive Garden when we ate and let them pick a package.  It actually worked it pretty good.  The ones who had picked one they were in love with, go them!  Everyone in the restaurant was very interested in seeing them and what was going on...even though we were in the back room.  What an awesome day!

No comments: