Monday, February 2, 2015

Family Pinterest Party


This was a project that Ashley took care of.  They cut the wood from fencing that they had taken out down to my Dad's corrals.  We white washed the wood and then used stencils to paint the letters on.  Let it dry and add the bells and a ribbon...and it was finished.


The photo below was the beginning of our card holder.  I absolutely loved how mine turned out.  And now that Christmas is over, I'm going to clip photos on to it and use it year round.


As you can see, we had projects all over the place.


Margene did all the food for us, which was awesome.  Towards the end, everyone just sort of sat and visited and enjoyed the time with family.


I did the windows, and had since I wanted to have panes and our windows were one large glass, I added molding and silicone it down.  It wasn't too bad actually. 



All in all, it was a terrific evening and I loved every minute of it.  I think we had plenty of projects and I liked how we handled them this year.  We showed what was available, and you signed up for it and paid for it whether you came or not.  That way no one was out the expense of gathering up the materials and getting it ready.  What was super nice, was that everything was there and you could whip through them and complete several things in one evening.  That was really awesome!
And of course, spending time with family is always wonderful.

No comments: