Monday, March 17, 2014

Retirement

Today was my first day of retirement, and I absolutely loved it.  I woke up to my alarm at 4:30 am...and a granddaughter that was sleeping with me.  When I got up to turn the alarm off, she said:  "Where you going Grandma?"  I replied..."back to bed"... and it was so nice.  The wind was blowing about 50-60 mph and I was relieved that I didn't have to go out early in that mess.
I took our garbage can out to the road last night, thinking I was helping Jeff out, but this morning it was out in the middle of the road, and all our garbage bags were torn open and hanging on the fence or all over our pasture/hay ground.  Or in Pocatello...I'm not sure where it all went, but it's going to be a mess finding it all and cleaning it up.
Spending the day with Ellie was a delight.  She's been waiting since last summer when Treven got to spend time with Grandpa, for me to retire.  So she was excited to stay overnight and today.  She was pretty entertaining!  She even went to the Dr's office with me.  We baked cookies, made cards, (crafted), read books,...it was such a fun day.  Can't wait for more fun times...

No comments: