Friday, June 15, 2012

Organizing


Most of you who have been to my "scrapbook room", know that it was a little messy.  It always seemed like there were stacks of things everywhere.  Recently, Katie closed the Scrapbook Cottage in Burley, and said she was getting rid of some racks.  I bought five and decided to take down my cubes, reorganize the room, and make it more presentable.  Little did I know just what a huge job that was going to be. 
After taking everything out of the cubes, I couldn't even find a place to put my feet to walk through.  It was a maze.  Jeff came in and told me he was going to order one of those "bags" that they have for people that remodel.  Holds 3300# and they come and pick it up for you.  He said the room looked like a bomb had gone off....I told him it wasn't funny, BUT I was laughing because it really did.



 Three of the racks I purchased were black, and I was able to stack them up.  It goes nearly to my ceiling.  I started with cardstock, and tried to sort by shade, and then dark to light.  Of course, that took forever.  And the mess just kept growing as I spread everything out. 


Yes...I think I might have a wee bit too much paper.  Ya think?  No....you can never have to much paper.


To spare time and space, we're jumping to the finished thing.  I actually got so tired of sorting that I sort of wimped out and just started putting patterned paper in the rack.  But, it does look nice.  Then, I ended up putting up a cube rack to hold cards, flowers, etc.  I really need another one, but then I didn't really accomplish much.  So I've gone through magazines and books and sent a big box off to a niece.  I'm going through more and purging.  I want to start using up more things instead of hording them...thinking I just can't part of it.  So, I have made a start at least.
Now you know why I haven't been posting for awhile...I couldn't find the computer!

No comments: