Sunday, June 24, 2012

Fabric flowers



I thought these turned out pretty cute...just because the fabric was so cute.  It had little flowers all over it.  Just cirles of the fabric and netting, folded in fourths and then glued to a base.  I bought one like this in Boise just so I could figure out how to make it.  I had sooo much fun making these fabric flowers.
Yesterday I went to a Stapelman family reunion in Burley.  Mother, Margene and I were the only ones to go, but I sure wish my kids had gone.  There were people there from Arkansas, Arizonia, Oregon, Washington, California....I was totally amazed at how many came.  I didn't know too many of them really.  I knew the older three sisters, but none of the younger generation basically.  It was nice to meet some of them.  Someone had brought a photo of the family....my great-grandfather and grandmother.  My grandfather is a young man in the photo.  It's amazing how large families become in such a short time.  Loved the photos though.

1 comment:

allthingsrobbin said...

Love the flowers! I may have to try making some! Sure miss the scrapbook retreats, I am hoping that I can make it back to one sometime soon!