Sunday, April 22, 2012

Challenge #11- (last one) Make Your Own Embellisments












I loved making these silk flowers.  I had made them before, but this time I slit around the circle, and then heated them and I loved how they curled up.  They look alot more like flowers to me.  You make about 10 different sized circles, slit, heat, and then stack on a piece of felt.  I really had fun making them.  It did take alot of time though...but I made a ton too.  I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with all of them, but at least one went on an apron, four will go to my "flower exchange" that I'm doing.  You have to make a flower out of: paper, ribbon, and fabric for this exchange.  I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone does.
Went to Declo's Junior Prom last night to see Mikayla in the promenade.  That was fun.  She looked beautiful.  I worked on a dress she borrowed last weekend, making it fit her.  She had ordered a dress off the internet and wasn't sure it would make it here, but it did come on Wednesday, so on Friday night we remodeled it.  It was so worth it...she looked absolutely gorgeous.

No comments: