Monday, November 16, 2009

I'm back!

Well, California was nice and warm for the most part. When we arrived on Tuesday, it was in the 80's but cooled down over the week to around 60 on Friday when we came back. But, it was still pretty fun. The Automation Fair was super and my customers are such great guys! Loved all the time we got to spend with them. On Tuesday night we had a division dinner. There were 180 people who attended from our division. On Wednesday night, CED held their hospitality event at the Richard Nixon library, which was pretty cool. I guess we had around 1700-1800 people at that one. Driving in LA is for the birds...we rented a car and I did the driving and it was ...interesting? We had a Garmin thank heavens! And we would still have trouble. Mainly because there's so much traffic you can't get over to where you need to get off. But we survived.
We got back into Boise and drove home. On Saturday morning I got up to snow...and still thought I'd go to Boise for the BSU/Idaho game. The roads were awful. I saw about ten accidents between the Kasota on ramp and the first Twin exit. I know that at least one person died in them. But, after the next exit it wasn't too bad. Of course, it was super cold! I was actually fairly warm except for my feet and they got really cold. But we won...and it was a super game. BSU actually played like they wanted to win.
On Sunday, I sort of lazed out and worked on cards for my exchange mainly. Danelle & Gary were dedicating Ellie at 5:00 and having a dinner, so I made the hot rolls for that. Otherwise, it was a pretty laid back day. Gotta have those once in awhile.

No comments: