Thursday, September 26, 2013

Quilt top



This is the fabric I made a quilt top out of.  I've had it for awhile and thought I should get it made up.  The pattern was a sampler.  It had 6-1/2", 8-1/2", and 10-1/2" blocks.  There were about 15 different block patterns as well.  It was more difficult than I thought it would be...especially when I started sewing it together.  It took much longer than I thought it would.  Of course, part of that was because I had to keep taking things apart.  The pattern called for so many blocks up the sides and across the top, which I cut.  But then when you looked at their picture of how to put it together, it was one block less on each side.  I used the photo....mistake.  I needed that extra block in there to make it all fit together, so I ended up tearing all sides off to make it work and fit.  Big pain.  I can't believe I took it to Soda Springs and left it with Doris and didn't even take a photo of the finished top.  Yikes...I'm falling down on my PL.

No comments: