Thursday, May 28, 2009

Oregon Vacation



Jeff and I went to Oregon on Friday. We left Boise early that morning and drove to John Day, and then up over several passes to Pendleton. We spent the night there, and then drove to Hood River the next morning. That afternoon we took the scenic drive around to Mount Hood, which still had tons of snow. We saw people hiking up to snowboard or ski down...it was beautiful with the sun shining on it. The next morning we took the scenic drive to see all the waterfalls. It was alot of hiking for a couple of old fat people. But they were spectacular. On Monday, we drove across the Columbia to the Washington side and drove into Vancouver. Everything was so green and lush, with tons of flowers blooming everywhere. We checked into our room in Portland, and then drove up towards Mt. St. Helen's. We didn't get real close, but what gorgeous scenery. When I got to the airport on Tuesday morning at 6:00 a.m., I found out that I had accidently made my flight for 7:30 pm not am...with Brittney's graduation that night, I was so upset. All the flights were full, and finally she told me she would put me on stand by for the 6:30 flight if I could make it through security, and if they had an empty seat. It was almost 6:30 when I got through security, and ran down the concourse. When I got to the gate, she did have a seat for me. The plane was totally full. I was sooo lucky to make it.

No comments: