Tuesday, February 17, 2009

So much to do...

It seems like I never have enough time to get everything I want to do, everything I need to do, and everything Jeff wants me to do, done. Where is the organization skills that I used to posses? Did I lose them along with my memory? Seems like this "golden age" isn't what it's cracked up to be. Okay. I have been getting some things done recently. I posted some of them. I have almost one doll dressed now, but I hate sewing without patterns. What I picture in my mind, isn't always what I end up with, so I get discouraged and then I just keep ignoring it...laying there, all pink and white ruffles and netting...and I just don't want to work on it. So, I finished my exchange cards...I'll try to take some photos of them and post it. Opps...I can't. I already delivered them to Janell. But, trust me, they were sort of cute. This weekend, I took all the fabric out of my BIG walkin closet and started going through it. I threw tons of scraps away. What was I thinking? That I...Lois...would piece a quilt with 1" and 2" pieces of material? Get real. I'm doing good to make a quilt top at all. Anyway, the whole point was to put together the same colors (red, green, blue, etc) so that when I decide to make a quilt, I can just go through colors that would work, and not have to dig through the whole closet. I hope it keeps me from just going and purchasing everything for a quilt, and never using up what I have. I thought it worked pretty well for my cardstock and patterned paper, so maybe it would work for fabric. I started cutting a trip around the world out last night, and it was awesome. I picked red/white/blue and had almost enough of everything for 12 different patterns of fabric. When I started cutting though, I was short on two types, so I'll just pick those up tonight on my way home from work and get busy...yeah! My SIL's daughter's wedding is the 14th of March, so I'd better hurry with it.
I am finally feeling better. My cold lasted about 5 days, but I've been drug free for two days now so I think I'm recovering. Of course, the 5-6" of snow we had this morning isn't helping. What an icy mess. Hate driving on such slick roads.

No comments: