Sunday, June 8, 2014

Jeff's parents and Arlo and Pat


We took Jeff's parents (Vern & Reta) to Driggs for Memorial Day, and at the Bates Cemetery, we ran into Vern's brother Arlo and his wife Pat.  They live north of Rexburg, and we just happened to meet up.  Arlo isn't doing very well.  He and Pat are both on oxygen, and Arlo's kidney's are shutting down.  It was great to visit with them for awhile.
I happened to get a "new" project while we were talking to them.  Reta and Pat both thought Jeff's Grandma Wood was a great cook, and they each have a few recipes from her.  It was decided that I would make a book...with her recipes, so I'm in the process of collecting what I can find.  Reta gave me several and Pat has sent some now.  I guess Susan has a cook book that her Grandmother gave her when she was young (from their ward I'm assuming) and it has some of her recipes also.  Susan is going to copy them and send them to me, so...another project in the making!

No comments: