Thursday, November 20, 2008

Country Music Hall of Fame

Today, I took a shuttle downtown to see Rayman Auditorium, the Country Music Hall of Fame, Wild Horse Saloon, and Hard Rock Cafe. Very cool. It was cold and a little windy , so I was certainly glad I wore my sweatshirt. I walked all over and then caught the shuttle back. I took the tour at Rayman Auditorium which was neat. I recognized the seats and the backdrop from watching the Grand Ole Opry when my father was still alive. I took the backstage tour, which included the dressing rooms and make-up rooms of the stars. Lots of stories were told by the guide who had worked there for 34+ years. He knew all these stars and told us what ones were very nice, and what ones were too drunk to walk on stage or off...it was pretty cool! I totally loved it. Tomorrow morning we catch our plane at 6:00 a.m. so it will be a short night I'm afraid

1 comment:

Robin said...

Oh fun!! I forgot you were going!!