Monday, May 10, 2010

Tagged

I was checking out blogs this morning, and found out that Darla had tagged me to write about myself. I really don't think anyone reads my blog, but if they do...here you go.
10 things I love:
My family: Not just my husband, although he's a keeper...you should see the card he gave me for Mother's Day...and not just my kids. But "grandkids". They're so much fun. I tell my kids that if I'd known how awesome grandkids were...I just might have skipped them and gone right to the grandkids. Love them! And, I have an awesome extended family too. And then there's the Wood family that I married into. They are so wonderful too.
Scrapbooking: and making cards. It's by far my favorite way to unwind from stressful day, or to start the day off right. I can do it anytime I get free. Love my craft room because I can scrap and then leave it out if I don't get it finished.
Crafting and quilt making: After my 2nd favorite thing, comes any type of crafting (pretty much) and quilt making. My mother made a handmade quilt for each of her grandchldren when they got married. Steph challenged me to do the same...I might have ten made now...still a long way to go. I didn't think I'd ever get it done, but thanks to Doris doing some quilting for me, it's coming along. I love making anything, but usually give it all away.
Photography: Yeah! I just bought a new camera and I'm so excited. Robin...promise me you'll give me lessons. I want to be you when I grow up! I am just finishing a Photoshop class that I've just loved!
Activity: I love being busy. I used to love baseball, volleyball, & raquetball, but as I've gotten older...it's golf, horses, 4-wheeling...a little easier. I even love working out in the yard. Weeding, getting the flower beds cleaned up after winter, just looking out and knowing it looks good because I've been out there working.
Idaho: I've visited alot of places, but I truly love Idaho. We can go camping, fishing, boating, rock climbing, almost anything within minutes. And most Idahoans are friendly. It's not quite like it used to be...there's getting to be too many people, but I love the beauty of our state.
Football: I loved going to the BSU games. Love watching NFL on tv...and the college games. I think I love football way more than Jeff does. But he watches Monday and Sunday night football with me while it's on.
Reading: I love a good book. I hate to even start one, because I know I'll be up all night reading it. Along with reading, I might add I love movies too. I watch them, and then use lines from them alot.
Cleaning: I know it seems weird, but there's nothing that pleases me more than cleaning the house, the yard...whatever. Looking around and getting that satisfied feeling at what I've accomplished.
Food/Cooking: I am not a terrific cook, but I love planning a menu and getting everything made and cooking it. I just don't think I do it often enough. And I'm not terribly creative. I tend to make the same old things. But Danelle is getting me interested in trying new recipes more than I ever have.
Now: some things you may not know about me:
I have been scrapbooking since I was in about the 7th grade. Oh...not all out like we do now. But I have scrapbooks that are falling apart because who knew then that rubber cement wouldn't last? Seriously scrapping since the early 80's. Tore everything apart and sorted by school year and started over for all my kids. Steph and Danelle have learned it too.
I would seriously love an old car. A muscle car! My choice would be a Mustang fastback...about 67-69 would be awesome. But, I'm almost willing to take anything...
I grew up in a family that always had horses. From the time I was very small, I've been riding horses. I was excited when Jeff & I got married, because he had a horse and his family rode. It had been quite a few years since I'd been around them, and had really missed them.
I am proud of how hard I work. I grew up learning to hoe beets from the time I was about 5. We always had hay to roll, haul, and stack. There's was always work to be done, and it's paid off for me. When I very first got married and lived in Salt Lake, and was looking for a job...I finally got hired because the office manager was from Idaho and said he knew how farm kids learned to work. I had never worked outside the farm before, and no one else had been willing to give me a chance. The owner of that company once told me...no matter what I need to have done, Frank sends me you. I knew that meant that I could learn anything and I did a good job.
Jeff and I have 27 grandkids...and only five of them are boys. That's a lot of girls huh? But they are all so beautiful and kind and sharing girls. (and so are the boys). I love them all.
Maybe that's just a little insight to me.
Now, I guess I get to tag four people, so I'll see if anyone reads my blog.
I tag:
Danelle
Stephanie
Janell
Jennifer

No comments: