Thursday, February 10, 2011

Brittney's shower


I really wanted to make something hand crafted for Brittney's shower that Marcy gave last week.  But, with my hands the way they are, I was afraid there wouldn't be anything I could do.  Her kitchen theme is "Americana", so I kept trying to think of something...Friday night, I could not sleep.  It was one of those nights where I would lay in bed for an hour or two, finally get up and do something, thinking then I'd go to sleep.  Trouble was, I just couldn't sleep.
So, I started planning on sorts of scrapbook pages and layouts, crafts I wanted to do, sewing I wanted to do, quilt tops....you know.  My mind was going a hundred miles an hour.  (No wonder I couldn't sleep)
Anyway, I got this idea for an Americana picture I could embroidery and tea dye, and it wouldn't be very hard.  I thought I could stamp on the muslin with permenant ink, then just draw lines (like a waving flag) and it would be all straight stitching.  I did this, and added a few stars...still straight lines, and then tea dyed it, dried it, and framed it all Saturday morning before we left for the shower.
I know it isn't the cutest thing I've ever made...but I was handicapped!

1 comment:

Creative Day said...

I think that is REALLY cute! I'm even more impressed that you did before your hands had healed. If you hadn't told me, I wouldn't have guessed!