Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July

Can you believe that it's July already? I can't. It seems like we just barely got through Christmas, and we're more than half way to the next one. I think we must be in the last days, because time is just screaming by.
Sunday was the birthday bash, and it was awesome. The kids got a whole roasted pig, had tons of salads, hot rolls, and sheet cake, which the grandkids insisted they put 60 candles on. I had to take three breaths to blow them all out. It's only fair though...they had them spread over three cakes. I think my mother told me there were 75 people there. The kids came down about an hour before the party, and brought me my birthday gift. A DVD they had made from photos. Dave's brother set it to music and it was great. Made me cry. I've watched it a couple of times, and I just love it. I have the BEST kids. Robin and the boys came down, my sis from Soda, Jeff's sister & husband from Utah, the Smuin's from Pocatello, and all the family that live here. It was great.
The week was a little hectic. Lynn and Darena were both on vacation and with a couple of plants going down for maintenance, we were airing things in all week. Next year I told Jeff we're taking this week off. We should get some kind of perks...
Today were taking a drive up to Driggs for a visit. I didn't like missing the parade, but since none of the kids come down for it anymore, I just didn't want to go alone. I was going to run up to Albion to watch Chelsey and Treven in their parade, but I called just before 10:00 and it started at 10:00...so another thing to miss today. Oh well!
I hope to get some photos from Danelle from my birthday party so I can post them. She said she took 200 photos at the Jones family reunion, and she wanted to out do that...hopefully there will be some good ones.

No comments: