Monday, June 22, 2009

Camping in the rain

Jeff went to North Heglar to ride bikes with his family on Friday...but I had to stay and work. It was pretty slow and boring too! Anyway, by the time I got off work and he came home to drive the trailer up, it was raining. But it quit when we got in the mountains surprisingly. Saturday morning though, by the time we had breakfast, it was raining...and pretty much didn't stop the whole day. Everyone packed up and left except for Vern, Reta, Jeff, & I. Sunday morning it was clear and we thought we'd eat breakfast and then ride bikes. We rode up one hill...took a look at the black clouds rolling in, and decided we'd better just pack up and get out while we could. It was a mess. Jason and the kids came up on Saturday though, and we hung out under a couple of tent awnings that Jeff & I took up...thank heavens. We even did dutch oven cooking under them. Jason did potato's, polled pork, and rhubarb/strawberry cobbler. Grandpa Wood made homemade ice cream...which is normally soooo wonderful. But in the cold, it just about made me start shivering. But, it was so yummy...Danelle didn't make it up due to the weather, but we didn't really even miss the salads we had so much food. Ellie has been sick, and she didn't want to have her out in the cold and rain. I'm glad she didn't come for that reason, but we missed her and the kids. The kids just didn't get enough of riding the 4-wheelers, so we're thinking we'll do another family get together real soon. Sammy wants to ride alot!
One bad thing happened though. Thursday night when we were getting the bikes all loaded and the trailer all packed, I backed the Yukon out of the garage, and broke the side mirror on the driver's side. Makes me so mad at myself when I do those kinds of things. Driving it home yesterday, the mirror kept bouncing around until it about made me sick. I had to put my hand up and block my view of it. I'll bet it's going to cost me a couple of hundred bucks to get it fixed. Boo!
Danelle invited Jeff & I up for dinner last night for Father's Day. It was soooo good. She had salmon and also shrimp (which I loved) corn on the cob, garlic red potato's, green salad, and a yummy dessert. They gave Jeff some lottery tickets and he actually won $18.00...I played the Wii with Treven..we boxed...and today my arms are sore. I'm such a wimp!
Steph, Dave & the girls came over and they brought a movie and all kinds of treats for Jeff. I'm so glad that my kids think alot of him and treat him so well. It's great. All in all, it was a great weekend.

No comments: